Located on the North Downs just outside Maidstone, Newnham Court was established in the early 1990s. The larger present day practice provides a range of services and our team aim to offer an outstanding level of care to your horse, pony or donkey.
Approximately 1000 horses are hospitalised or examined as day cases/out-patients at the clinic per annum, of which approximately 80-100 undergo surgery, either standing or under general anaesthesia. Horses are admitted for detailed investigation, specialised diagnostic techniques and treatment. The hospital is led by the Head of Hospital, Katie Snalune, assisted by our intern vets and nursing staff.
All vets in the team make extensive use of the fabulous facilities we have to offer your horse. Cases seen by ambulatory vets at your yard/home may be seen at the clinic, or your horse may be referred to a more specialised clinician in the clinic for more detailed investigation and treatment.
- 2 large examination rooms with stocks
- Fully equipped operating theatre with state of the art anaesthetic equipment, ventilator, capnography, direct blood pressure monitoring and blood gas analysis
- Induction/recovery box
- Fully equipped in-house lab with designated lab technician, open 24/7, 365 days a year
- Trot-up and hard/soft lungeing areas
- Turn out paddocks with post and rail fencing
- 6 stables, with rubber matting, bedded with shavings, including a large box for large breeds or mares with a foal at foot
- Isolation facilities
- CCTV monitoring